星期一, 11月 06, 2006

Psycho geography

Crowding, busy, dusty air, noise non-stop buzzing, endless end less buses trapping lots of people inside, buildings covering up the sky, one can never see the sky in Hong Kong, Nathan road, straight, pushing, wide yet narrow, empty yet full, full of people and dust and noise and shops and spectacle, I am not merely controlled by the spatial arrangement but the ideology, the mentality, the habit and life style of the place we live in, I doubt if I am totally against it or have indeed get used to it, Yau Ma Tei and Mong Kong and Jordan and Tsim Sha Tsui are all linked together by roads, buses and people and shops, one can hardly not see shops and advertisements and sales if he or she is to go out take a walk in Hong Kong, traffic lamps just stand in the middle like it belongs there from the beginning of the world, if we are to count them it would be a harsh task, see traffic lamps are powerful because I have to stop when it said I have to, it also instructs me to walk with other people at certain time, a dead thing controlling a living being, excuse me I never know where is long ho fung exactly, because there are too many bossini, U2, Giordano, me and George, Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee, urban rhythm is killing and suffocating, when I am tired I will not pay attention to these because my senses are not functioning, when my mood is bad I really hate this place, no one knows where the people come from, who own the shops the roads the cars, they are simply there hindering u, hindering u from walking, from breathing fresh air, from seeing the sky, from crossing the road, from enjoying a walk, if all people are dead Hong Kong would be a more lovely place, everywhere is similar to one another, absolutely identical chain store, grey building surfaces, black air, bamboo scaffoldings, no where in Hong Kong is not under construction, once in a while u come across with bricks placed in the middle all of a sudden, holes dug, rubbish and used materials, places are always changing, if not here then there then here from there, you never understand the taste of rich corporation or businessman, no one knows what does the sculpture mean, I am even not sure if it is a human being or animal or dead objects, they like to link art to their money making game which ruins art, they never think of art in the first place because it has not much use value, it is what makes up Hong Kong, in every mall there are decorated Christmas tree, they do not know how these sum of money would help other people in the world, in every mall there are identical shops and restaurant, starbucks pacific coffee mc Donald UA cinema walker shops, shoes, clothes, accessories, foods, movies, diamonds, underwears, they sell anything on earth to get profits and produce even more products, finally they use the money they earn to buy other products, no one actually benefits from this game isn’t it, no one actually benefits from this place. This high class building destroy Mong Kong’s originality, the prostitutes, the bad guys, the yellow zones, the grass root society, the gangsters, the culture, although I hate all these I hate even more the shopping consumerism the mall suggested, I am always scare when I walk by the yellow zone, yet at the same time feeling exciting because of the sense of danger, the shopping mall is like giant that sweeps away all other minor characters and announces the ownership of the place, simply because he is bigger and more powerful, the hatefulness of me towards Mong Kong would only increase with the existence of the mall.

find this while filing up documents in school's computer account.
abou drifting n SI. I love SI course

沒有留言: